Specifically designed to support the grout between a pile and sleeve on structures where the piles are installed by drilling, our tongue seals can be produced in sizes ranging from 1 to 5 metres in diameter. With a proven track record of reliability, they are designed to ‘self-activate’ as grout is injected – reinforcing overall installation strength and resistance in extremely harsh conditions.
The working principle behind tongue seals for offshore wind turbine structures is:
• Tongue Seals are fitted prior to the pile or transition piece placed in position
• The seal can be used where the transition piece is inside or outside the pile
• The seal works by self-activating as grout pressure is applied
• The Tongue Seal supports grout between a pile and a pile sleeve on structures where the piles are installed by drilling
• The seal is fitted on the pile prior to the pile being lowered into pre-drilled hole and ‘self activates’ as grout is injected (Two seals can be used for greater pressure head)
• Tongue Seals can also be fitted to offshore wind farm structures